With all the work that has been completed, it’s hard to believe that we have only been working for two days. It’s true that they have been long days. Breakfast at 6am, worship at the work site at 7am and work from 7:30. Lunch at noon. Supper at 5:00. Showers and then back to the church for VBS practice from 6:30-7:30. Time to socialize until sent back to rooms at 8:30pm and then Wednesday will repeat the schedule more or less.
- The kids mixed, hauled & poured a lot of concrete today! Approximately 30 bags!
- Footing/concrete/block for wall & fence area
- More clean-up of debris around the school. Piles of brush & stumps
- Metal supports cut & porch extension constructed for the church roof extension
- Concrete poured for posts for roof extension for the church
- Concrete poured for posts for the Pre-K pavilion
- VBS set up
- New projector mounted in church
- Pews cleaned
- Notching concrete blocks for the wall/fence area
- Unloaded 15 bags of lime
Not as much time available to play with the school kids today!
Your kids may not want to see any beans or rice when they get home. All 3 meals today included beans & rice!